Based on the Governor’s latest mandate, closing non-essential businesses and calling for Oregonians to “Stay Home, Stay Safe”, automotive repair shops are considered an essential business and allowed to remain open using prescribed safety measures.
Doran Automotive has been a part of Newberg and the surrounding community for over 30 years and we consider it a privilege to be a good neighbor and do our best to respond to the needs of those around us. We are honored to provide our community much needed automotive maintenance and repair. We know that during this difficult time, you may rely more heavily on your vehicle for traveling to appointments and to pick up food or prescriptions. Because of this, we are happy to keep our repair shop open to serve you, however, we feel it is our duty to provide the safest possible experience for you and for our employees.
What we are doing.
We are working diligently to conduct business safely and minimize any risk of spreading disease. Here are some of the changes we’ve made to ensure a safe experience for both our customers and our employees.
- We have instituted a strict sanitation process that takes place in our facility multiple times a day.
- We disinfect vehicle surfaces including door handles, steering wheels, gear shifts, and keys.
- We have established a Social Distancing policy at our shop and will no longer require signatures on credit card purchases to reduce contact during checkout.
- The shop service writer has been selected as the single point of contact responsible for monitoring the Social Distancing and Sanitation policies that we’ve put in place. This person is accountable and available to respond to your questions or concerns.
- Aligning with the CDC’s recommendation, we do not allow any employee to come in to work if they are sick or exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
As news develops and government mandates change, please check out our website, doranautomotive.com, to learn about ways we strive to accommodate your automotive needs while staying safe.
As customers, we ask you to help us keep everyone healthy.
- We encourage you to utilize our no-contact way to have your vehicle serviced.
- Early-Bird or Night-Owl drop off. Drop off your vehicle before 8am or after 5pm using the after hours envelopes located to the left of the office entrance door. Please bring your own pen to fill out the envelope in order to minimize risk.
- Pick up your vehicle after hours. Call in to make your payment for repairs and service over the phone and we will discuss no-contact pick up options.
- Please refrain from visiting our shop if you are not feeling well or are showing any flu-like symptoms including fever or cough.
- If you do choose to visit the shop office, please avoid lingering longer than necessary, to minimize risk.
Thank you for your continued trust in Doran Automotive. We look forward to keeping you safe and healthy while keeping your vehicle in good working order.